Thursday, November 6, 2008

Welcome to my first blog!

Welcome to my blog! I thought it might be fun to launch this by sharing some interesting (and rather odd) quirks that I have. If you know me, you probably didn't know about these. Just for the sake of getting to know me and for humor's sake!

Well, there's the one about sun glasses. Whenever I wear sun glasses (for some reason that I can't explain), the shades making my vision darker makes me think that people can't hear me as well. This makes me speak louder.

I have the unfortunate habit of running into walls. Yes, this even includes the walls in my own home. I should know they are there! There was even a point in middle school, when a "Hi!" was exchanged between a guy I liked and me and I ran into a wall.

When I am extremely happy, my feet wiggle like a dog wagging its tail.

I can play songs by blowing on my hands.

I enjoy reading the dictionary. Learning new words, their definitions and the origins, is fun for me. I can sit down with a dictionary in one hand and a thesaurus in my other hand and have a wonderful time.

For years, I have also had the strange reflex of clapping my hands repeatedly, when something startles me.

Now, I can't think of anything else unusual to share about me at the moment, but I thought it would be good to end this post by mentioning something. Since I have had poor health conditions over this last year, I'm not sure if I'll end up only able to write a post once a month. However, I hope I will be able to write something every other day. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

15 comments:

Melinda said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere! So happily surprised! Yes, I have witnessed much of what you have described!

Jenna said...

Welcome Christina! Thanks for sharing your little quirks with us!

Jocelyn Miller said...

i am SO EXCITED that you're blogging!!! Seriously - this is awesome - keep posting... nothing is too insignificant! It's an awesome way to get to know people - I feel like Steph Morris and I could sit down and talk for hours, and we've never even met in person!

Stephanie said...

YEAH FOR A NEW BLOGGER!!! I am looking forward to reading/learning more about you and your heart.

LOVE the "quirks". I would do a post on that myself, except it would never end... that's how many I have!!

Keep sharing, keep healing! Many many are happy you are here!!

xo

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness I'm so excited to see you have a blog.
This is soo cool!

Dave Stewart said...

Welcome, Christina. Keep at it (blogging that is) - it doesn't get easier.

Allison McKenney said...

saweet! Good to see you on the blogoshpere! This is Jay, couldn't comment because you don't have the anonymous option on. Putting a link on my blog.
Jay

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I totally enjoy the dictionary and learning about the meaning and history of words as well. It is something my Mom taught me as a youngen! Looking forward to getting to know you more through your blogs! -Melanie Sainz

Carrie Peeples said...

The clapping your hands thing is pretty funny! Glad you joined the blog world!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are blogging! Sorry for the late response, school has been overwhelming lately. I love you a lot and can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!

Oh, and you forgot about your endless laughing sessions.

Janet Fraser said...

welcome to this side of our world. I'm so excited to continue getting to know you via the blog. keep writing... love you, J
p.s. i love the one about your feet :-)

Traci said...

I run into walls too!! :) miss your face within the Sunset walls. Hope Thanksgiving blesses you lady!

Christina Groth said...

Traci,
Glad to know someone else runs into walls, too!! Happy Thanksgiving!

ericdlo said...

you all are not alone on walking into walls! I have a new appreciation for hand rails.

ericdlo said...

you all are not alone on walking into walls! I have a new appreciation for hand rails.