Friday, December 19, 2008

My Sister

That's right, I have a sister! Well, technically she's my cousin. But I like to call her my sister!

Elena is so much like me, we could be clones. First of all, if you take pictures of us at the age of two, five, ten and so on, we look so much alike at the same ages. We also have a lot in common.

For instance, we both like challenge, writing and story making, drawing, reading and spending time with people.

We also both enjoy playing instruments. Elena loved playing violin, but is wanting to try out taking guitar lessons. I had the pleasure of getting to hear her play her violin, and she did so well. She was fun to listen to. I played the flute briefly, but the piano's the one that stuck! I haven't taken piano lessons yet... but would love to! I've delighted in the piano since I was about five.

We each have enjoyed singing in choirs. In fact, Elena just got excepted into the Honor Choir at her school!

Elena has been on a swim team for a long time. That's one place we're different, but she LOVES doing it!
Elena, I am so glad that I have the privilege of getting to know who you are. I look forward to continuing to get to know you!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I agree. You two enjoy a lot of the same things and your physical resemblance is noticeable! Her mom, Michele is as great a sister as I could ever hope for, for myself. It's awesome when family-by-marriage fits so nicely!