Saturday, March 14, 2009

Here I Am!

Lord, it is HARD for me to surrender absolutely everything to You! So often, I feel like I've already lost so much, I don't want to loose any more. So often I feel like I've been crushed so much, I just can't... take... any... more!

Remind me constantly of what You did for me at the cross! You have been reminding me, that before You went through all You did at the cross, You, Jesus, asked Your Father to take this cup from You. In other words, You were asking Your Father to not have You go through the horrors of the cross.

You, Jesus, are fully God. I know that You Jesus, the Father and Holy Spirit, are all part of one God. Yet, even though You, Jesus are fully God, and had complete ability to not go to the cross if You chose not to, You told Your Father that You wanted HIS will.

Jesus, You submitted to Your Father's will because You love Him! You also submitted to Your Father's will because You love us! What You went through on the cross for us, brought us peace, hope, joy, comfort, relief, healing.

Help me to follow Your example, of surrendering to You, out of my love for You, and my love for others. I know that out of my tough circumstances, You will bring good out of it, for You, me, and for others. You made the UNIVERSE out of nothing. So, You have the power to make good works out of what I have lost, and what is no more. You brought so MUCH good, out of the agony You took on at the cross. So, You have the power to use how I am broken, to bring good out of it for You, me and others. You even have the power to use my sin, as well as how I suffer from wrong choices, so that people can come to know You.

For possibly over half a year now, I have often been at a place where I may be literally incapable of surrendering everything to You. During this time, You have been teaching me about the impossible surrender. When it is impossible for me to surrender to You in some way, ALL things are possible for You. When I get to that place, of being unable to surrender something to You, all I have to do is say yes, and You will meet me there and make it possible for me.

So, Jesus, in mirroring how You cried out to Your Father before You went to the cross, Lord, please, deliver me from my needs. But if it is Your will for me to be in this place, then even if I am not capable of surrendering absolutely everything to You right now, I simply say yes, and know that You will meet me here and You will make me able to surrender to You right now. So I say yes. Here I am!

Lord, You died for us. I wrote in a poem, that I posted on my blog: "Love died for those who hated Him. Love died for those who killed Him on the cross." Help me to love the world as You love the world.


Out of my love for You and people, if it is best for You and others, then deliver me from my need. But, out of my love for You and people, let me stay in this place of need, if it is best for You and others. Lord, if it is best for You and others, for me to be more broken than this, then out of my love for You and people, may I be even more crushed than this.

If it is best for me to suffer, then through my suffering, may others be comforted. Through my brokenness, may people be made whole. May I be crushed, so that they would be healed. May I have loss, so they would find hope. May I know pain, so they would find relief, so they would find truth, so they would be restored, so they would come to know You.

I love You more than all things. So, may Your will be done in all things. If it is Your will for me to know struggle, then in all Your love, and You are love, poor out Your good works for the sake of You, for the sake of me, and for the sake of others. Out of my love for You and people, I ask You, in all Your power You have as GOD, carry out Your good works, and don't... hold back... in anything!

No comments: