Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just When it Seems I'm Helpless, the All-Power is on MY Side

Lord, I have been struggling lately with the feeling of helplessness. So many things are out of my control! I've been watching my life falling apart, and I don't have the power to better my circumstances. I'm watching my family suffer, and I don't have the ability to meet their needs. I've been watching many I care about, outside my family, hurting. I pray for these people and try to do what I can, but there is so much I can't fix. I am so small, and the needs are so big.

Lord, keep reminding me, that just when it seems I'm helpless, You, the All-Power, are on my side. You've been working on ingraining it in me. But, I'm so human. It's so hard for me to remember and grasp, how big You are.

Yet, I know, that the angels are beneath Your feet. I know, that the whole of all the demons, are beneath Your feet. All the great rulers, of every nation, are beneath You.

Who could fight You and win? Who could stand against You, and overcome You? Every army of angels, demons and mankind combined, could not stand against You and overtake You.

What forces of nature could You not overpower? All is beneath You, and You are above all.

Remind me, that just when it seems I'm helpless, the All-Power is on my side. Remind me, that when I am faced with spiritual warfare, people standing against me or the struggles of all sorts of suffering, Your hand is on my head, in the day of battle.

When I cry out to You, You hear me. When I cry out to You, You listen to me. When I cry out to You, You ANSWER me. And You will always answer in the ways that are BEST, in all Your complete wisdom, knowledge and ability to see into the past, present and future. When You answer me, You will always answer me with all Your love, that is the unfathomable measure of love that You as GOD have for me, for those in my life, and for the world. You will always answer, in all Your power that You have as GOD, in the ways that You see best.

Remind me, that just when it seems I'm helpless, the All-Power is on MY side. The All-Power is on MY side.

No comments: