Friday, March 13, 2009

Some Things Were Born to Die, That there Might be LIFE!

Lord, You have been showing me this year, that some things were born to die, so that there might be life. Weather it is a person who dies, a dream that dies, a friendship, a marriage, a financial situation, someone's state of health, or a longing that can't be fulfilled, it is all meant to draw us deeper into life. And You ARE life. When things die, You use death, to draw us closer to YOU.

As Easter has been approaching, You have been crystallizing in my mind, that You are the perfect example of this! You, the God who has always existed, came to Earth, to be born as one of us, though You were still fully God. You were born to die... so that we would have LIFE. And You are life! You died to draw us closer to You... to draw us closer to LIFE!

So much has died in my life. You have been using the desperation this has produced, for me to seek to know who You are more, Your character, Your attributes. The more I am discovering and being reminded of about You, the more I am discovering how deep, how endlessly wide, how awesome this LIFE is that is YOU.

Though You have been teaching and reminding me about You, it has been such a struggle for me to feel life, even though You have been showing me HOW MUCH this life is that You are. Lately, You have been really deepening my ability to feel life, but that feeling of life flees from me so easily, still. Ingrain in me, down to every last fiber of my being, the knowledge of who You are, how I should respond to that with my heart, mind, body, sole and the way I live... and the ability to FEEL all the LIFE THAT YOU ARE.

Because of who You are, You are hope, You are love, You are peace! Because of who You are, I have freedom, victory, a joy that's bigger than I am, because You are so much bigger than I am!

When You died on the cross, You didn't just die to bring us life, You rose from the dead! You conquered death! You have complete power over death, to either prevent it, or allow it to draw us closer to You who is life.

When the rays of dawn broke the sky, that first Easter morning, death itself was broken. You are forever Author of Salvation! You conquered the grave, to save me from death. You died to draw me closer to You... and everything You are... is... LIFE!

So, this Easter, remind me that some things were born to die, that there might... be... LIFE! And You are LIFE! So, draw me closer! I come near! Draw me closer to LIFE!

No comments: